August 2010 Paper crafting cruise to Alaska!

Bring your family and friends on a wonderful vacation and get to scrapbook along the way! Click on the cruise ship in the sidebar, email or call Kathleen Tansey to reserve your spot today! Space is limited, so don't delay. I am so excited about this opportunity! It is going to be so much fun. I have hardly slept thinking about the amazing projects and scrapbook pages we will be doing! Sign up today!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

August Club Projects

This project is a gift card holder.  I got the idea from my awesome friend and fellow demonstrator Jodey Batay.   



We started with Soft Suede ink and the  Polka Dot background stamp (item # 109276) that is on the dormant list, so if you like it be sure to order it soon!  It may retire with the next catalog.
1. Lay the background stamp down and tap the ink pad all over it.
2. Place your Soft Suede CS down, lining it up on a score line. 
3. Fold your grid paper over the whole thing and rub it so you get even coverage.
This is how it should look.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3, turning your Soft Suede CS inking the top flap.
It should look like this.
5. Again repeat steps 2 & 3 with your strip of Crushed Curry
6. Sponge edges of Soft Suede CS and Crushed Curry CS with Soft Suede Classic ink.
I have trimmed off the edges of a regular ol' plain envelope for you
7. Glue flap down (I don't lick them-icky)
8. Fold in half and glue down bottom half
9. Glue the top 1/2 of the envelope to the inside of the Soft Suede
10. Place 1 dimensional in the middle of the 2 halves.  See how it makes 2 pockets.  One can be for a gift card, and one for a little note from you :)
 
11. I used the new set That's Funny and stamped in Basic Black ink. I double matted it on Dusty Durango, and Crushed Curry.  Then color them in using the new In Color Markers.  If you don't have these In Color markers yet-they are a MUST HAVE!  They totally ROCK! 
12. Place 2 dimensionals on the Dusty Durango, taking care to make sure you are placing them at the BOTTOM of your image......trust me. :)
13. Use a 2-way glue pen to fill in the flames on the candles and the ribbon of frosting across the cake.  Sprinkle Dazzling Diamonds over the glue. 
Now how fun was that?  I loved it! Thanks Jodey!
This next project is so cute!  I took the layout of the card from my upline Christie Hagerhjelm, I changed it up and made it my own. 
1. Start with folding your So Saffron CS (my favorite color)  in half (like a regular card) and then fold on the score line in the middle of that back towards the spine of the card so it looks like this:
2. Glue Flock Together DSP onto outside flap.
3. Glue Whisper White base to back of So Saffron CS. 
4. Glue Certainly Celery CS to the center of So Saffron
5. Using the Razzle Dazzle stamp set, stamp the large flower in Versamark and onto Whisper White square.
6. Break out those Stampin Pastels!!
What I love about the Stampin Pastels is they come with all the colors in the standard color families.  Bold Brights, Earth Elements, Rich Regals, and Soft Subtles, and they are listed on the back of the lid-just like a christmas box of chocolates!  Takes the guess work right out trying to coordinate! Awesome!
7. I use cotton swabs to apply my chalk because my applicators are in need of cleaning or replacement. :(
I started with the So Saffron, then used Rose Red on the flowers.  I used a bit of Certainly Celery on the stems and followed up with Garden Green for a bolder look.  I also cleaned it up a bit with the eraser. 
8. Glue to So Saffron mat. 
9. Turn over - flipping it towards you and only glue on only the left 1/2
(see step 9 before you do this)
9. Line up with Certainly Celery mat and adhere to Flock Together DSP only.
10.  With card folded closed, stamp sentiment.
Beautiful!  Thanks for the inspiration Christie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment